“You delivered the ‘impossible’ and were a pleasure to work with throughout
the process. My only question is: When can we work together again?”
John Wilkinson, Account Supervisor
Russ Reid Company
A PASSION FOR
MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Any consumer insights firm should be able to talk at length about their marketing research expertise (as can we). But you can get basic research services from lots of places.
We’d rather talk about how we work. For instance, there’s the fact that we ask lots of questions of you, not just of your target market. The more we understand your business need, the more useful we can be to you.
Or we can talk about our focus on serving in partnership with our clients, which is why we’ve been working closely with some of the same people for decades. We’re available to you long after the project is completed.
Or maybe you’d find it relevant to learn about our responsiveness and attention to your needs. You never get shuffled off to an intern or a junior analyst, and we keep you informed and involved every step of the way as a partner in the process.
Better yet, rather than Grey Matter doing the talking, let’s talk together – about your needs, your goals, and how we can help you make better-informed decisions with greater opportunities for success.
In all fairness, Grey Matter Research & Consulting has not:
· won the Stanley Cup
· helped feed, clothe, and educate 12 million people in nearly 100 different countries
· managed over $20 billion in financial assets
· maintained nearly half the nation’s blood supply
· supplied heavy equipment to the world for 175 years
· funded more than $250 million in medical research
· or designed Super Bowl championship rings for the Pittsburgh Steelers
But our clients have. And we helped them by providing information and insight which enhanced their ability to succeed.
We’ve helped our clients do some amazing things. What can we help you do?
“Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen,
and thinking what nobody has thought.”
Albert Szent-Gyorgyi von Nagyrapolt
New Research on Donors: Grey Matter and Op4G are collaborating on the Donor Mindset Study, conducted among Americans who financially support charitable organizations. The sixth report explores how much donors really pay attention to how much charities spend on overhead, administration, and fundraising. Details (and a way to get the full report) are here.
The first five reports evaluate how donors perceive the charitable tax deduction, how generous donors are versus how generous they think they are, perceptions of e-mail versus direct mail from the organizations they support, perceptions of child sponsorship, and how size impacts perceptions.
New White Paper: Getting Past the Barriers – How to Do Research That Is Faster, Cheaper, and More Flexible is now available from Grey Matter. The title is pretty self-explanatory, but here are a few more details (and a way to request the free report).
Creative Input: Grey Matter recently partnered with branding agency Adrenalin to help redesign the UNLV athletics logo. We studied perceptions of the existing logo among key constituents (athletes, students, and alumni) to learn what people liked about it and where it fell short. Adrenalin then worked collaboratively with university students, administrators, and representatives to create the bold new design.
Ron Sellers is a regular contributor to The GreenBook Market Research Blog. The most recent topics:
· Researchers: Is There Poop in Your Brownies? The drive for faster research endangers data accuracy, since there’s little time for quality control. (November 8, 2017)
· Reaching for the Stars While Standing on a Garbage Pile What do all our fancy new techniques matter if we don’t know how to do basic research? (July 24, 2017)
· Can Political Polls Really Be Trusted? Is the problem how the polls are done, or how they are used? (October 13, 2016)
· Agile Research or Agile Researchers? “Agile research” is a hot topic. Should it be? And is it really new? (March 8, 2016)
More blog posts, articles, white papers, and research can be found here.